NORTHWEST CATHOLIC CONFERENCE
5TH GRADE BASKETBALL LEAGUE RULES
Current IESA/ IHSA rules apply, except as noted BELOW.
1) (4) 6 minute quarters.
2) (4) Timeouts per game. NO TIMOUTS in over time(see below)
Overtime- (1) 1 minute period will be played. The clock will stop on all whistles.
The game will end at the completion of the (1) minutes OT period.
3) (3) minute HALFTIME
4) No (3) point field goals.
5) Free throws will be taken from the marked 12ft if need be.
6) ALL TEAMS MUST play Man to Man Defense for the entire season. "No Zones"
7) Offensive players (with the ball) must be allowed to get to the 10ft. line before teams can start playing defense. There shall be no double teaming the ball at the 10ft line.
8) No pressing until the last (2) minutes of the game; only the losing teams are allowed to press.
9) Bonus is shot on the 7th team foul. No super bonus
10) Every player dressed on the bench must play in a league games. If a team does not
play all their players, they risk forfeiting the game.
11) All players are limited to (6) Quarters in any given day
12) 28.5 size ball will be used.
13) With a 12+ point lead, the team with the lead must play man to man defense
within the arc. NO ZONE allowed.
14) A 20+ point lead in the 4th quarter, will result in a running clock for remainder of game no matter whether the score goes below 20 points or not.
The penalty for not following the rules above (#6 and #7 in particular) are as follows:
a warning from the referee; the second and every time thereafter the referee will stop the clock and award a team technical foul to the defensive team. The team will be awarded 2 points and the ball at half court.